Check out the top 10 cleats from the NFL's My Cause My Cleats campaign
(image via @thejaylonsmith)
The NFL is gearing up -- literally -- with their My Cause My Cleats campaign. Players from all over the league will be wearing custom cleats showing their charities of choice for Week 13 of the season.
Over 800 players are expected to raise awareness for their chosen causes.
“Our players are passionate supporters of many charitable causes and serve as changemakers in their communities,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "We are excited to build upon last year's success and work with our players to expand this unique platform that enables them to raise awareness for causes they support.”
Following this week of games, players will have the opportunity to auction off their cleats at NFL Auction and 100 percent of the proceeds will go to their charities. The league started doing this last year and it obviously made a great impact.
Here's our top ten favorite custom cleats hitting the field this weekend:
10. Keith Smith for Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
9. Alfred Morris for The Salvation Army.
8. Adoree' Jackson for Breast Cancer Awareness.
7. Jared Goff for Sarcoma Foundation of America.
6. Russell Wilson for the Why Not You Foundation.
5. Jarvis Landry for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
4. Ronnie Stanley for Adopt, Don't Shop.
3. Michael Bennett for League POW-MIA Families.
2. Jaylon Smith for Autism Awareness.
The colors of my cleats represent the many different dynamics of Autism and the different things that it means to each individual directly or indirectly impacted by it. Everyone's experiences with Autism, or needs because of it, are different -- I wanted to reflect that and raise awareness through this year's #MyCauseMyCleats initiative. (Also, S/O to @thehulfishproject for another 🔥 pair of cleats) #ClearEyeView
1. Cameron Heyward for The Heyward House/ Crush Cancer.